Please send a resume to Ken Tharp, Operations Manager
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitment if necessary during project cycle.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Certification or degree in field of project mgt, project engineering, or related discipline.
• 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
• Database and operating systems experience with Microsoft XP, Microsoft 7, etc.
• Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including Internet Explorer or equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
• Technically competent with various software programs to include Microsoft Office Suite and CAD.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Customer service skills an asset.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Repeated visits to a manufacturing environment.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.