Production Team Leader
Please send a resume to Ken Tharp, Operations Manager
As Team Leader, you will be engaged in the highly exacting manufacture of custom food concession trailers. You will direct the activities of the team members, scheduling their work to answer daily and weekly milestones. While reporting directly to the Project Manager, you will interface with other functions such as quality assurance, manufacturing engineering, and quality control. This challenging position places high premiums on effective teamwork, clear communication, initiative, intelligent judgment, achieving and maintaining production efficiency and, most importantly, an unwavering dedication to the quality of the product produced.
• Lead the production team, mentor and motivate team members, ensuring individual and group productivity.
• Act as communications hub for the team, disseminating pertinent and timely information.
• Schedule routine production functions, as well as special production needs and repair of warranty product.
• Work within the companies scheduling procedures to monitor production flow, using data indicators to schedule workload, ensuring output meets Schantz targeted goals.
• Maintain and boost production efficiency, initiate and implement continuous improvement projects, train team members, and work with manufacturing engineer to implement new processes.
• Assist in performing hands-on production and assembly functions.
• Assume responsibility for quality output as a participant in administering the company’s Quality Management System.
• Implement Lean/Agile manufacturing practices.
• Minimum 3 years experience as a team leader or hands-on floor supervisor.
• Minimum 3 years experience in some but preferably all of the following trades. Basic welding, sheet metal, electrical and plumbing.
• Proven leadership, verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
• Time management, scheduling and prioritization skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to make effective decisions in an expedient manner while maintaining extremely high quality standards.
• Experience with utilizing and creating effective MS Excel spreadsheets; working capability with MSWord, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to appropriately prioritize resources based upon needs.
• Knowledge of manufacturing engineering and related management processes (e.g. SPC, FMEA, Lean Manufacturing, DMAIC, Six-Sigma) a plus.
• Project management experience a plus.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (manufacturing environment).
• Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Hands on trailer assembly and construction.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, andother devices and objects.
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.